Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
File
Collection

Advanced Search (Items only)

Captain Joel Stone House, 200 Whitfield Street

Details

Title

Captain Joel Stone House, 200 Whitfield Street

Description

Mr. John G. Bacon and his daughter, Helen Bacon stand with their bicycles on the south lawn of 200 Whitfield Street, known as the Capt. Joel Stone House. A veranda was later added to the home. According to Sarah B. McCullogh's "Guilford: A Walking Guide The Green & Neighboring Streets," the house was built in 1853 in the Italian Villa style as the retirement home of Captain Stone, who chose the location for its view of the Long Island Sound and Faulkner's Island.

Subject

Guilford (Conn.)
Historic buildings -- Connecticut -- Guilford

Source

Edith B. Nettleton Historical Room Collection

Publisher

Guilford Free Library

Identifier

Call Number: 16 ab 27

Rights

Digital image © Guilford Free Library. All rights reserved. Image may be used for personal research or educational uses without prior permission. For requests or exhibits, see Guilford Free Library.

Format

b/w photo, 7.75" x 5"

Social Bookmarking