Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
File
Collection

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (6 total)

A view of the West River Bridge (entering Guilford from the west side) on Boston Post Road.

The last wooden bridge in Guilford--Howlett's Bridge is pictured here in 1941. Howlett's Bridge crosses the East River in the Clapboard Hill area of Guilford.

Rustic Bridge, Lake Quonnipaug

This picture looks south along Route 77. The area of water to the right of the picture has been partially filled in and is now property of the water company. The current boat launch would be located behind the hill…

Howlett's Bridge in the Clapboard Hill area. Photo includes homes of Eli Dudley and M. G. Cornell. According to "Guilford Long Ago" this is the oldest known photo of this area, "Note the railing along the 'rickety' wooden bridge; the dirt rutted…

The West River and old Causeway (Water Street), July 21 which includes Jones Bridge. The photo is also available as a postcard titled Jones Bridge published by J. Harrison Monroe, Guilford, Connecticut.

The road just south of Jones Bridge, circa 1910 (date unconfirmed), is shown. John Dudley's wagon, loaded with milk cans is crossing the bridge, according to a note by Evelyn Graser. Jones Bridge is also referred to as the West River Bridge.