Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
File
Collection

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (18 total)

The home at 33 Whitfield Street is pictured sometime between 1865 and 1922. It was remodeled in later years and then razed in 1962.

Barker Hotel, corner of Whitfield and Water Streets, demolished March 1898

Mr. John G. Bacon and his daughter, Helen Bacon stand with their bicycles on the south lawn of 200 Whitfield Street, known as the Capt. Joel Stone House. A veranda was later added to the home. According to Sarah B. McCullogh's "Guilford: A Walking…

Shephard and Fowler Store, 17 Whitfield Street, circa 1900. Miss Natalie Fowler, Miss Katie Fowler, and Miss Shepherd are pictured.

Robert Walker sold his radios in Dudley & Beckwith's store, located at 68 Whitfield Street. The large horns of the radios can be seen at the rear of the store, sitting atop sewing machines.

Leon Beckwith stands behind the counter with his arms crossed while Edmund Dudley is at the rear of the Dudley & Beckwith Store, circa 1930s. The store was located on the south side of Shore Line Times building at 68 Whitfield Street.

Facing east at the intersection of Boston and Whitfield Streets, at the southwest corner of the Guilford Green after the Hurricane of 1938. The steeple of Christ Episcopal Church is visible; to its right is 11 Park Street, the church’s rectory; on…

The corner of Water St. and Whitfield St. after the Hurricane of 1938. The large building beyond the fallen tree is Menuncatuck Odd Fellows Hall, 14 Water Street.

Sketch of church 1963 by Rufus Bishop, untrained artist whose hobby was sketches of Guilford places.