Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
File
Collection

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (4 total)

Sketch of church 1963 by Rufus Bishop, untrained artist whose hobby was sketches of Guilford places.

The Bonzano family gave the Catholic Church right of first refusal for their property at 47 Whitfield Street. The house was razed in 1962 and the present church was constructed in 1963.

Looking south on Whitfield Street at the intersection of High Street shows St. George’ s Church from the side with Rectory just beyond. After construction of the church on the Green, this building was deconsecrated in 1963 and sold to St.…

Original St. George’ s Roman Catholic Church, 169 Whitfield St. Postcard by Henry S. Davis, ca. 1930. The cornerstone for the building at 169 Whitfield St. was laid in 1876, and the building was occupied in 1878. It was built on land belonging to…