Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
File
Collection

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (8 total)

The corner of Park Street and Broad Street, 1918. This land became the site for the new library building completed in 1934.

Guilford Free Library, Park Street, circa 1934-1945

Park Street, circa 1930-1945

View from Guilford Green of Third Congregational and Christ Episcopal Churches. 49 Park Street. East side of Guilford Green

The Chapel Playhouse is pictured, circa 1940s.
Built in 1844 on land bought from Samuel Landon. Outspoken Abolitionists, 123 friends of Rev. Aaron Dutton, split from the First Congregational Church in 1832 because they were refused permission to…

The First Church of Christ Scientist at 49 Park Street now occupies the land which was the site for the Abolitionist Church in 1832. Built in 1844 on land bought from Samuel Landon. Outspoken Abolitionists, 123 friends of Rev. Aaron Dutton, split…

Built in 1844 on land bought from Samuel Landon. Outspoken Abolitionists, 123 friends of Rev. Aaron Dutton, split from the First Congregational Church in 1832 because they were refused permission to hold meetings of the local Anti-Slavery Society. …

Looking across the Green to Park St, pre-1885.
Christ Church was organized in 1744 by Samuel Johnson, who went on to become first president of King’s College, now Columbia University. The first church was built in 1748 on the Green. In 1834…