Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
File
Collection

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (8 total)

The 1976 fire on Faulkner's Island destroyed the home of the lighthouse keeper and damaged the lighthouse. This photo was taken from Vineyard Point Road in Guilford.

Faulkner's Island Lighthouse and home were first built in 1802. The outbuildings include workshops, chicken coops, a tool house, and siren and engine rooms. The lighthouse itself is typical of others built before 1830. It is 50 feet high and…

Lighthouse keeper Captain Oliver Brooks with his family in front of Faulkner's Island home

A room in the lighthouse keeper's home on Faulkner's Island features a collection of taxidermy specimens. Captain Oliver Brooks, the lighthouse keeper from 1851 to 1882, was known for his wide-ranging interests including musical instruments,…

Captain Oliver Brooks, lighthouse keeper at Faulkner's Island, playing the violin along with his grandson, Oliver Husted. His dog, known as Tige, sits nearby.

Burwell Wingood rides in a donkey cart. The donkey, "Jackie," was owned by Captain Oliver Brooks, the lighthouse keeper at Faulkner's Island.

Faulkner's Island Lighthouse Postcard

Faulkner's Island Lighthouse Postcard, 1908. This postcard is labeled with a common alternate spelling of the island, Falkner's.