Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
File
Collection

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (13 total)

Choir at Christ Episcopal Church, 1916-1918
Back row: C. Stowe Spencer, W. Morrell Stone, Samuel Spencer, Gideon Weld. Middle row: Rev. Henry Olmstead, Dr. F. DeWitt Smith, Katherine Wildman, Ida Butler, Emma Spencer (mother of Stowe and Samuel…

The Chapel Playhouse is pictured, circa 1940s.
Built in 1844 on land bought from Samuel Landon. Outspoken Abolitionists, 123 friends of Rev. Aaron Dutton, split from the First Congregational Church in 1832 because they were refused permission to…

The First Church of Christ Scientist at 49 Park Street now occupies the land which was the site for the Abolitionist Church in 1832. Built in 1844 on land bought from Samuel Landon. Outspoken Abolitionists, 123 friends of Rev. Aaron Dutton, split…

Sketch of church 1963 by Rufus Bishop, untrained artist whose hobby was sketches of Guilford places.

The Bonzano family gave the Catholic Church right of first refusal for their property at 47 Whitfield Street. The house was razed in 1962 and the present church was constructed in 1963.

Looking south on Whitfield Street at the intersection of High Street shows St. George’ s Church from the side with Rectory just beyond. After construction of the church on the Green, this building was deconsecrated in 1963 and sold to St.…

Original St. George’ s Roman Catholic Church, 169 Whitfield St. Postcard by Henry S. Davis, ca. 1930. The cornerstone for the building at 169 Whitfield St. was laid in 1876, and the building was occupied in 1878. It was built on land belonging to…

Built in 1844 on land bought from Samuel Landon. Outspoken Abolitionists, 123 friends of Rev. Aaron Dutton, split from the First Congregational Church in 1832 because they were refused permission to hold meetings of the local Anti-Slavery Society. …

From 1705 to 1719, men in Guilford who worked the land in North Guilford spent their weeknights in leantos and tents and travelled home on the weekends, giving North Guilford the name “Cohabit.” In 1719 they petitioned to establish a separate…

St. John's Episcopal Church in North Guilford on 129 Ledge Hill Road. Photograph taken in January 1976.