Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:


Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (420 total)

Looking across the Green to Park St, pre-1885.
Christ Church was organized in 1744 by Samuel Johnson, who went on to become first president of King’s College, now Columbia University. The first church was built in 1748 on the Green. In 1834…

An aerial photo of the Guilford Town Center including the New Haven Clock Company, circa 1930s.

This aerial photo, taken by Bill Pinchbeck while flying, captures Pinchbeck Greenhouses, looking east, 1959.

A postcard from Charles Hubbard's travels in Maine, titled Lakes of the Clouds Hut

Guilford Green ca. 1820, Ink Sketch (12” ½ x 22”) by Charles Hubbard (1876-1951). Second meeting house (1712) of First Congregational Church is on the Green, with its burial ground and grazing cattle. The diagonal road for stage coaches…

A Charles Hubbard photo of the interior of Harvey Leete's Blacksmith Shop. The shop was adjacent to the William Shelley House, 1139 Boston Post Road. Leete's home and shop were built in 1760 on York Road, which is now called Boston Post Road.

First Congregational Church, 110 Broad Street, circa 1930-1945

Boston Street, with Shoreline and New Haven buses waiting for passengers. Photo is circa 1930 to 1945.

Hyland House, 84 Boston Street, 1930-1945

Broad Street, First Congregational Church, Parsonage and Spencer Home, circa 1939-1945

The house on the far right was built in 1874 and designed by Henry Austin in the French Second Empire style for Elisha Chapman Bishop. Bishop was a Guilford…