Search using this query type:



Search only these record types:

Item
File
Collection

Advanced Search (Items only)

Edith B. Nettleton Historical Room Postcard Collection

Details

Title

Edith B. Nettleton Historical Room Postcard Collection

Items in the Edith B. Nettleton Historical Room Postcard Collection Collection

Postcard of the Guilford Green, 1913. The lamp on the Green could be gas or electric. The first electric street lights were in 1898. Electricity was available on a 24-hour basis beginning about 1910. Telephone service began in 1882 but was…

Postcard of the trolley at Guilford Green. The Shoreline Electric Railway began operations on September 22, 1910 traveling between Branford and Saybrook, with a separate line providing access to New Haven.

This image is from a postcard photo by O. B. Husted.
Incorporated in 1881, the Sachem's Head Canning Co. was owned by Fred H. Rolf and canned tomatoes and pumpkins at a capacity of 20,000 cans per day. In midseason, the company employed more than…

Faulkner's Island Lighthouse Postcard, 1908. This postcard is labeled with a common alternate spelling of the island, Falkner's.

Guilford Cabin Postcard

Social Bookmarking